BIRD: linking the biodiversity community
SWIFFT the State Wide Integrated Flora & Fauna Team, aims to maintain and develop knowledge and skills in relation to the protection of threatened species and biodiversity across Victoria.
- Current projects for threatened species & their habitats
- Research to help threatened species & communities
- Surveys (look, catch & count)
- Reports & findings
- SWIFFT meetings (video conferences/latest news)
- Project ideas (for students)
How can I get involved?
Sharing useful information
- Threatened species A-Z South West Victoria
- Threatened species A-Z North West Victoria
- Sites of significance
- Who is who (add your details)
- Land for Wildlife
- How to help your habitats
- Environmental glossary
- Recommended references
- Caring for injured wildlife
Biodiversity conservation is everybody's business, we all need to take an interest in the biodiversity around us and help to protect, conserve and improve biodiversity both within Australia and across the world. United Nations Decade on Biodiversity
During 2013/2014 Federation University Australia, Centre for eCommerce and Communications (CeCC) has provided valuable support to assist the SWIFFT in advancing 'Citizen Science' in relation to threatened species and biodiversity conservation.