SWIFFT meetings - new agenda items
BIRD: linking the biodiversity community
Videoconference venues' start 9.45am - finish 12.30
- Ararat - Nearest locations are Ballarat or Hamilton
- Bairnsdale - 574 Main St DEPI Office Video Conference Room (Ground floor Rm 02) - Contact Mick Bramwell 5152 0450 or Faye Bedford 5152 0400.
- Ballarat State Public Offices Level 4 Video conferencing room, 402 to 406 Mair St Ballarat - Contact Andy Arnold 53366720
- Benalla State Public Office, video Conference Room Level 00 Room 13, 89 Sydney Road, Benalla, Contact Danielle Leehane 5761 1608
- Bendigo - Video Conference Room, Epsom, DEPI offices Room 3 - Contact Peter Johnson 54304358
- Colac Currently temporarily unavailable due to office closure for repairs. You could attend at Geelong centre. Contact Ian Smith 0407803115
- Geelong DEPI State Offices, Corio Bay Room, 4th floor - Contact Ian Smith 0407803115
- Hamilton - PVI Mt Napier Rd Hamilton Video conference Room - Contact Yvonne Ingeme 55730734
- Heywood / Portland - DEPI Office 12 Murray St Heywood - Contact Evelyn Nicholson 5527 0424 or David Pitts 5527 0422.
- Horsham - "Titree" Video Conference Room Level 1 Rm 02 Horsham VIDA - Contact Pauline Rudolph 53620754 or Felicity Christian 5362 0753
- Melbourne CBD - DEPI 8 Nicholson St Level 5 Room 6 - Contact Vanessa Craigie - 9637 9851
- Melbourne (Port Phillip region) Now located in CDB at 8 Nicholson St - Level 5 Rm 03 contact Shirley Diez - 03 9637 9495 or Karen Lester 9637 9494.
- Melbourne - Arthur Rylah Institute - Level 02 Room 301 - Contact Di Crowther 94508613 or Claire Moxham 9450 8702 regarding ARI participation.
- Mildura / Irymple - Lvl 00 Rm 01 Video Conference DEPI Koorlong Avenue Irymple - Contact Marcia Riederer 5051 4306
- Orbost - DEPI Office 171 - 173 Nicholson St Orbost Contact Stephen Henry 5161 1366
- Traralgon - 71 Hotham St DEPI Office Video Conference Room - Contact Kylie Singleton 5172 2123
- Warrnambool - Video Conference Room DEPI Office Henna St Warrnambool - Contact Amanda Bush on 03 5561 9965
- Wangaratta Video Conference Lvl 00 Rm 01 Wangaratta 62-64 Ovens St- Contact Jerry Alexander 02 6043 7974.
You are welcome to attend and participate in the SWIFFT videoconference, if you are new to the videoconference please advise the appropriate location convenor of your attendance. There is also some limited capacity to arrange phone links if you contact Andy Arnold several days before.
Guidelines for video conference location convenors
South West Integrated Flora & Fauna Team video conference Thursday 25 July 2013
Community conservation of threatened species (how people in the community can assist threatened species e.g. community based predator proof fencing projects, weed control, remote camera surveys etc. Role of VNPA, Field Naturalist Clubs, Landcare and Friends Groups).
Introductions commence 9.50am
Guest Speakers commence 10am (in addition to the times shown include 5 minutes for questions after each speaker)
Creating local Extinction Fighters! Emily Dunstan Zoos Victoria. Using the case studies of the successful community campaigns, Seal the Loop and Love Your Locals, find out how Zoos Victoria are changing the public’s behaviour and engaging Victorians with their local wildlife. 15 minutes, presenting from Nicholson St East Melbourne.
NatureWatch Caitlin Griffith VNPA. NatureWatch volunteers gather much-needed information about the health of Victoria’s natural environment. This information is then used to help land managers make more informed decisions about how we manage our natural environment and threatened species. 15 minutes, presenting from Nicholson St East Melbourne.
Managing a population of the Southern Brown Bandicoot in a small reserve in SW Victoria Lisette Mill Basalt to Bay Landcare Network. How a grant provided support for conducting a remote camera survey which led to the confirmation of the presence of this species and the subsequent establishment of a community based predator baiting program. 15 minutes, presenting from Warrnamabool, DEPI office.
Reef Watch Wendy Roberts Museum Victoria and VNPA. Reef Watch aims to increase knowledge of Victoria's marine reef ecosystems by assisting marine recreationists to identify, record and share their observations of marine life. 15 minutes, presenting from Nicholson St East Melbourne
Open Discussion Session (12.00 -12.30)
If you have any suggestions please click on discuss this page below (you need to be logged in).
This BIRD page is brought to you by the South West Integrated Flora & Fauna Team.
SWIFFT does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of information on this page and any person using or relying upon such information does so on the basis that the SWIFFT shall bear no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any errors, faults, defects or omissions in the information.
INTEGRATED FLORA & FAUNA TEAM